Friday, April 5, 2013

Watercolor Fridays 04/05/13



 Well I did not post this painting last week because I did not like it and wanted to see if I could
improve on it. Well I tried and feel like I failed. I hate to ever have to show a failed painting but here it is. It has a few nice parts but is clearly overworked, easy to do with watercolors. I could try some mixed media and turn it into something special perhaps!! Maybe I will try that next, onward and upward.

 I had a better time this week as I think this little painting turned out as planned. This week we focused on editing the information in front of us and simplify it. Take out any hard details you feel you can not pull off, like the details of the house or taking out a tree or two. In my plan I try to make big shapes and eliminate all tiny details. This was still lots of information to design and paint in the 3 hour class. And I painted the demo in half that time!





No comments:

Post a Comment